Ads

Friday, March 10, 2006

Pulling the trigger

I'm having problems pulling the trigger. It's about my futures foray. My mind is wounded liao. No matter how good my analysis is, I dare not pull the trigger. I get nervous when I give the order to my broker. What can I do? Should I see a psychologist? If you read the Market Wizard series, you will know that some traders do seek the help of the psychologist with their trading performance.

Advice are always given on what it takes to win: method, risk management and mind.

I felt that the order should be reverse: mind, risk management and method.

The mind is the most important part to train. To train means getting experience. No experience, no use. Good traders I guess will act without hesitation when certain condition arises. You train your mind doing something repetitively until it becomes a habit.

I have no problem in pulling the trigger for stocks. But for futures....big hesitation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha Swifz

1. trade within your means.
2. action first, question later
3. take your profit or
4. cut your loss
5. no excuses!

regards.