Ads

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Bursa Malaysia's Blogging & Forums

There is an article in Bizweek about the use of Internet for trading. The one that interest me is the proliferation of discussion forums and blogs.

Why do I start this blog? Well, I have no idea at all. I guess it was the “in” thing to have a blog. I wanted to stay in touch with the Internet and everywhere you can find people blogging about war, life, sex etc. So I guess that I just joined in the bandwagon.

This is never a serious blog, it is just for fun to past my time and to share some of my thoughts. I seldom write regularly. Only when I feel like it, then only I post something. I try to avoid promoting any counters because if I talked about certain counters, then I will be deemed to be promoting it. This is against the law as the SC is concern, as I have no investment credentials. I don’t want to get into trouble with the authorities. So, anyone that reads this, do your own homework. As I said before: Trust no one! Not even me!

Now what about forums? Most topics are nonsense and do not have any element of discussion at all. One forum even has become a war zone with name calling and flaming among the forummers.

The lack of discussion in our forums may due to the way we are brought up. From primary to university, our institution only teaches us to accept the truth. We are not taught the art of thinking. So we seldom discuss and explore other possibilities. And if we have any ideas, we just keep quiet because we are not use to voicing up.

By the way, do not think that the Internet allows you to post anonymously. It may seem that no one knows you but if the authorities wanted to catch you, it can be easily done. How? Through IP and MAC address. Yes, we do leave digital trails when we use the Internet. One possible way to overcome this is to use an “anonymous proxy” but theoretically it is still possible to trace you with a little bit more effort and determination.

No comments: