Ads

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Fantasies

Ah...the open profit gets bigger everyday. This is the time we usually fantasized on what we can buy....a new car, a new home, a new hifi or a new Nike. For food lovers, it will be Shark fins everyday.

Stop! Stop! Stop! To tell you the truth, I avoid fantasing about my open profit. Infact, I totally avoid counting my profit except for record purposes at the end of the week. I won't look at the profit figures. It's just make me nervous. Well, every stock needs to do cha-cha-cha. 2 steps front, 1 step back. So if you count your profit everyday, then you will see your profit goes up and down. When it is down, you will start thinking...oh ....I'm loosing that Nike that I dream of.....when it goes up, you add a new item into your wish list. At the end, you will not be able to analyse the stock movement objectively. You will be crowded with emotions. Emotions will just make you deviate from your written plan. And when you deviate from your plan, you will be reckless and with recklessness comes mistakes.

So stop counting the open profits.

1 comment:

zentrader said...

to make dream comes true is to believe in the dream ... (someting like that)