Ads

Saturday, June 06, 2009

World Market

US market is inching up a little bit each day. If you do pay attention to that market, you will notice that they also have last minute push up/down. This makes the bulls and the bears go crazy!

The summary for world markets:

World Longterm Midterm Shorterm
S&P500 Down Up Up
DJI Down Up Up
NasdaqComp Neutral (+) Up Up
Nikkei 225 Neutral (+) Up Up
Kospi Up Up Neutral
SSECI Up Up Up (+)
HSI Up Up Up
TWII Up Up Neutral (-)
STI Up Up Up
SENSEX Up Up Up
AORD Down Up Up
FTSE Down Up Up
DAX Neutral (+) Up Up
Bovespa Up Up Up

You can see that the developed markets are lagging the emerging markets. I think that we should load up on the emerging markets in any future correction. Investing in the USA will be a challenge since the profit from equity must be greater than the loss due to USD depreciation.

World wide equity sell off did not happen in May. Instead, it is the US treasury that sold off! You can see that I'm tracking bond, forex, commodity and equity markets worldwide. I'm trying to figure out where does the capital flow around the world. By tracking all possible markets, I believe that I can find some early clues to new investment themes.

By the way, keep an eye on the swine flu. WHO is going to declare it as pandemic without causing any panic. Will this break the uptrend?

1 comment:

SwingTrader188 said...

I have to applaud you. You have been writing without fail even during the market downturn.
I have stopped writing for a long time during that period such that I deleted my blog site. In April when I noticed that our market was looking set to turn up I decided to write again and create a new blog site at www.swingtrader188.blogspot.com

Do visit when you have time.

Swing Trader